Recorded at Studio KN, May – June 1993 by Kjell Nasten.
Offering spaced-out acid rock from North of the Arctic Circle, Sweden’s Spacious Mind initially formed as an electronic duo in 1991, releasing a song on very limited Swedish compilation before blossoming into a full-band. Exiting was Anders Sundbom, but keyboard player Jens Unosson added guitarists Henrik Oja and Thomas Brännström to the fold as well as percussionist David Johansson. Their debut full-length, Cosmic Minds at Play, was released on the Swedish label Garageland in 1993. Mostly instrumental, Cosmic Minds featured four extended tracks (the final track sub-divided into four movements of its own) — in theory similar to the prog-bloat of such bands as Yes or ELP, but in practice sounding more in line with Saucer Full of Secrets-era Pink Floyd, early Hawkwind, and such Krautrock bands as Amon Duul II and Ash Ra Temple.–keep reading in… answers.
01 – To Earth With Love (23:04)
02 – Sunchild (14:38)
03 – Dnimehts Of Us (10:13)
04 – Seashore Trees (21:47)
– I. Birth Of A Leaf
– II. Dancing Through Air
– III. To A Fairytale World
– IV. Utopian Forest
– Jens Unosson (synthesizer, hot electronics & audio generators, juno-piano, voice, atmospherics)
– Henrik Oja (electric & acoustic guitars, lying slide, e-bow, glockenspiel, tambourines, vocals, atmospherics)
– Thomas Brännström (electric & acoustic guitars, e-bow, slide, tin whistle, vocals, atmospherics)
– David Johansson (drums, percussion, atmospherics)
– Skellefteå Ungdomssynfoniker strings on #2)
– Anna Kågedahl (veena on #3)
– Mårten Lundmark (backwards-guitar on #3)
– Evelina Öhrn (hurdy-gurdy on #4 pt. II)
– Abbas Hazheer (vocals on #4 pt. IV)
This record is dedicated to the people on Elephant Mountain.